I’ve been pretty busy the last week or so between getting married and moving, hence the lack of updates. Things are a bit chaotic. I only took one day off work after the wedding. I figured if my husband had to start his new job right away, I might as well start working again right away; I’m an hourly employee so I don’t get vacation time.
We started moving into a temporary room at the dorm my husband works at. Our actual room is getting renovated and we’re told that we can move in within a month. Knowing how slow things get done at the university, I’m guessing it probably won’t happen until August.
So far, we have done the following:
- Move his things to the dorm
- Deposit checks given to us at the wedding
- Deposit checks from bridesmaids (I wanted to order their dresses in one order to save on shipping)
- Returned duplicate gifts that we have opened so far (the other half of the gifts are still at his parents’ house, we could fit them all in the car)
- Bought some home essentials
We still have a ton of things to do including
- Merging our bank accounts
- Change our W-2’s
- Calculate the total cost of the wedding
- Make my husband an authorized user on my credit cards
- Create our first budget together
- Decide what to do with the wedding checks and his tax return
- Change my name
We aren’t sure if we want to do all those things right away. Should I wait to do them once we are settled in our permanent dorm room? I don’t want to keep on changing my address for everything.